cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfriesen
Level 2

Can't Assign 4.0 Framework to website in IIS

In InstallShield2011, I go to Server Configuration, Internet Information Services, click on the web site and assign 4.0.30319 to the ASP .NETVersion. I then build the install and run the install. After the application is installed, I go to IIS and the ASP .NET version is still 2.0. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

What version of IIS is this being installed on? If 7.x, the appropriate method of controlling what ASP.NET version is used for a website/application is to install an application pool that has the correct .NET version set, and is associated with the website/application.
0 Kudos
jfriesen
Level 2

I had a property called IISPREFERLEGACYOBJECTS in this project and its value was set to 1. I deleted this property and then ran the install and I was able to assign the .NET framework to the application pool in IIS 7.
0 Kudos
potsang
Level 2

I have exactly the same problem. We have created installer using InstallShield 2011. Our application is .Net 4.0 and we install the application into both IIS 5.1 and IIS 6.0. We have noticed that the Asp.net version is not set to 4.0 and still showing 2.0. Is there a way to make it work? Thanks.
0 Kudos