cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrun44
Level 4

Can Major Upgrade remove other installations?

Hi,

We have more than one installation with shared/non-shared files. I'd like my Major Upgrade to do not leave any old version files on a system, i.e. to uninstall the previous version of it's own installation and uninstall other old installations (which have different upgrade codes of course) as well. Is this doable? Searched through the forums and did not find much.

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Cary_R
Level 11

Hi There,

You are able to specify more than one Major Upgrade item with different Upgrade Codes. Do you need to uninstall them in any particular order?
0 Kudos
wrun44
Level 4

Hi Cary,

Thank you for your responce!

No, order is not important.

I just experimented with two installs - defined one "sharing my Upgrade Code" and another "another Upgrade Code" - non of old installs were uninstalled, the new one got installed, checked reference count of some files - all three are there. Log file mentions only "my upgrade code", does not mention another one and does not report any errors.
Are you sure that scenario actualy works?

I'm now simplifying my test - removed "another" Upgrade record and trying to Upgrade just "my Upgrade Code" and that seems to be working, so my setting are correct.
0 Kudos
wrun44
Level 4

Tried one more time with two installations and it seems to be working now.

Thank you very much for your support!
0 Kudos