cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean_H
Level 7

Can I install A Root Certificate using InstallShield 2011 MSI

I would like to know if it is possible to install a Root Certificate as part of my project using InstallShield MSI 2011?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Why not? That said, I don't think there's any place in the IDE you can just browse to the certificate file and have it work. You'll probably have to author a custom action.
0 Kudos
Dean_H
Level 7

I was able to install the Root Certificate using it as a Prerequisite. I created a Prerequisite for my Entrust Root Certificate with the 2 files, certmgr.exe and the .cer certificate file and then I passed the following command line parameter to install the certificate, /c /add L1croot.cer /s /r localMachine AuthRoot and I trigger the install of the Certificate based on the presence of the certificate in the registry, in my case the Trusted Root Certificate registry entry is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\Certificates\Certificate GUID. I then addes this to the Redistributables list and then to my Prerequisites List and it worked perfectly
0 Kudos
hiren07ec
Level 2

Hi,
Can you add step by step.
how you added exe & .cer file to prerequisite & one more thing how you added commands also.
if you can do by screenshot's it's the best.
i am just new on installshield 2013.
my requirement is i have .cer file which need to install to trusted root directory using msi package installation.
0 Kudos