cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uharano
Level 2

Calling a Sandard dll in the deferred sequence

Hi,
I am using InstallShield 2011. I have a Standard dll custom action that I am calling in the deferred sequence. I am passing in a securecustomproperty as CustomActionData. The msi log file correctly displays the CustomActionData. But within the dll method, the property is blank.

Here is a log file snippet. Any ideas why the customActionData is correct, but the property is blank within the method? (The property should show up next to "(UNKNOWN) Log: Create IIS Web App - Parameter: " below)

(SERVER) MSI (s) (CC:F8) [15:55:12:668]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=CREATEMANAGERAPP,,)
(UNKNOWN) Action 15:55:12: CREATEMANAGERAPP.
(SERVER) MSI (s) (CC:F8) [15:55:12:668]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CREATEMANAGERAPP,ActionType=3137,Source=BinaryData,Target=DLL2,CustomActionData=1|ArcGIS\|C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ArcGIS\|Manager|ArcGISApplicationsAppPool)
(SERVER) MSI (s) (CC:44) [15:55:12:684]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI1D64.tmp, Entrypoint: DLL2
(UNKNOWN) Log: Create IIS Web App - Parameter:
(SERVER) MSI (s) (CC:F8) [15:55:12:684]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=RegisterUser,Description=Registering user,Template=[1])
(UNKNOWN) Action 15:55:12: RegisterUser. Registering user

Thanks!
Uma-
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
uharano
Level 2

Hi,
Another thing I forgot to mention, if I change the custom action to an Execute immediate custom action (instead of Deferred, system context) then the customactiondata gets passed to the property correctly and everything works. I can confirm that the property is listed under Securecustomproperties.

Any help would be great!
Thanks!
Uma-
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

0 Kudos