cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbreen
Level 2

CRC error in run-time installer

Hi,

I am getting "CRC error: The file .... doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted;" error message with Install shield 2010 (even after SP1 update). Needless to say I am running this on the development system I just used to build the installation image so the medium is NOT corrupt.

I do not know how the installer looks up the CRC value for the file but the error may come from the fact that I have a number of versions of the same file (same filename, same target directory, different source) which are being installed dependent on the configuration choice of the end-user.

During the installation I ask the user which type of system he/she is installing on and copy a number of pre configured files depending on this choice. This choice has to be exclusive (radio button style).

Anybody any suggestions how to solve this? Do I need to create a different installer for each type which are called from a 'master' installer?

Thanks for the input.

Remco
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Reureu
Level 10

Hi,
A few questions:

• Are you working on a Basic MSI project?
  • Did IS return some Errors/Warnings when you built your project?
  • Have you tried to log your installation to see which file causes this error?
0 Kudos
rbreen
Level 2

Are you working on a Basic MSI project?
No it is a install script project

Did IS return some Errors/Warnings when you built your project?
The only warnings I got were from unchecked dependencies on DLL's

Have you tried to log your installation to see which file causes this error?The error message itself already reports the file. All the binaries install fine (they are generic to all install types) but all the configuration files it complains about (these are specific for the install type).
0 Kudos