cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark64
Level 3

CR/LF Problem

Hi,
I am fairly new to IS MP 11.5 and am running into a strange problem. I use the command line interface from within Apache Ant 1.6.5 to build a unix installer. This is built on a Windows XP machine.

As part of the MP build, a setup.sh is produced. The problem is the setup.sh has all it's lines terminated with a CR/LF thus it breaks when run on unix or linux.

I cannot simply do a dos2unix for 2 reasons.

1) There are a few ligitimate CR's in the file that must be there.
2) The file does not appear to be a true ASCII format (I tried d2u in Cygwin and it says it is a binary file - BTW i atried on a binary and text mount).

Strange thing is, another developer here used to run the same thing before I took the builds over and it worked on his machine.

I am trying to determine if there was some bug in 11.5 that might have caused this that was fixed by some patch or if there is something I need to include in my Ant classpath (jar from IS 11.5 MP) that will make this execute properly.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Regards,

Mark
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

Are you saying that the setup created through IS MP has the CRLF on it!!!

If so:

The only times I've seen this is when someone has ftp'd the installer and does NOT do a binary transfer if they ftpd in ascii mode, it adds CRLF to the installer and does actually kick off and run the installer giving a faulty "JVM not found error"

I do all my builds on Unix and I've seen some instances where someone has copied the setup.sh file through Windows Explorer mounted to the Unix drive and it added the CRLF to the installer!

Not familiar with Apache stuff so if this is not the case - sorry can't help yah!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
Mark64
Level 3

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the reply. The problem is not at the ftp stage. It is when the
IS MP 11.5 command line interface is creating the setup.sh script.

I also use IS 5.0.3 and it creates setup.sh scripts properly so it indicates to me an issue with IS MP 11.5.

Thanks,

Mark
0 Kudos
sjjs84
Level 5

Are you using 11.5 or 11.5SP1?

If you use SP1 make sure you get the latest version. I think an earlier version of SP1 had a problem with adding CR and LF to the unix launchers. But it is fixed in the latest version.
0 Kudos
Mark64
Level 3

I am using the following version:

Version 11.50 B42699

Not sure if this is an issue however someone else here runs this version and does not have the problem.

I need to see now what the environment differernces are.

Mark
0 Kudos