cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

COM extract problem

Hi,

I build a package on my PC (W2K3 server with IE7 and VS2005) with some binaries provided by others, the binaries were built with VS6. One dll is selfregistering by seting 'COM Extract at Build' to 'yes' in the component.

When I run DevStudio9 build, I got the following warning:

Extracting COM data from 2 component(s)
ISDEV : warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file path_to\file.dll in component MSCAL_ocx. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the registration process does not fail.

I also got the same warning on MSCAL.OCX from Microsoft.

Using Dependency Walker, I found both of them had error on 'DWMAPI.dll', so I downloaded the file and put it to my PC (system32 folder), now the error is gone (still get Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module. when opening the dll with Dependency Walker, with SHLWAPI.DLL and USER32.DLL red out - I am not familiar with Dependency Walker), but DevStudio building still has the same warnings.

Does anybody know how to fix it? I need to because this will result in the failure to call a funciton from the dll during installation.

Thanks,
Peter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
James_Parker
Level 2

Hello,

Did you resolve this? I am receiving the same warning about extracting COM information...
I am only trying to install one dll. It used to self register fine but since yesterday i have received this warning and cannot get rid of it.
0 Kudos