cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RussianDevil
Level 3

C / C++ Runtime libraries

hey folks

Just installed my InstallShield Multiplatform 11.5 evaluation and tried creating a simple installation package when noticed there's no 'Merge Modules' section in the IDE that I was so accustomed to from the InstallShield Developer (good ol') days.

Started reading about this concept of Assemblies, the noticed that assemblygallery folder was empty (q: is it empty in the full official installation package of the installShield Multiplatform 11.5, as well? or does it come packed with some goodies, like all those merge modules that came with the installShield Developer).

So, couple of quick questions spring to mind... if my application needs files such as msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll to be present on the end-user system in order to operate properly, how should I go about doing it? Are there any useful links which InstallShield/Macrovision provides, for where the redistributable packages can be obtained from? I found some Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 on MSDN site, as well as Visual C++ 2005 Runtime Libraries Package Beta 2 installation package (which doesn't sound terribly 'latest')... the latter even in the /Q quiet mode seems to pop up some Microsoft EULA.

Any assistance/advice would be much appreciated, (since to me that sounds like a quite a common scenario)

regards,
Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RussianDevil
Level 3

Hello, anybody out there? 🙂 Hopefully some InstallShield Multiplatform folks are viewing these forums (I noticed Robert Dickau responding in another thread, hopefully he'll be kind enough to put in his 5 cents worth in here!)

:cool:
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Alas, no, MultiPlatform currently does not consume merge modules (please see this tiny recent thread: [thread]156802[/thread]). (You [meaning "everyone"] can vote for this as a feature request at www.installshield.com/feedback.) For the time being, launching a redistributable executable---if one is available---from the vendor is probably the best bet...
0 Kudos
RussianDevil
Level 3

thank you Robert 🙂
0 Kudos