cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisIsEd
Level 4

Buttons invisible until mouse over

(Basic MSI project)
I'm putting together a proof-of-concept with buttons that launch a web browser with a URL. I've created the buttons in the Dialogs on the InstallWelcome dialog. When I run the install the buttons are invisible and do not appear until I mouse over them. Anyone run into this before and/or know what's up?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Kelter
Level 10

set the tab order of all of your controls such that all the background stuff has the low tab indices, and the stuff on top (buttons, etc) have the high end of the tab order. for some reason someone thought that using the tab order would be a good way to determine the order in which the controls would be drawn.
0 Kudos
ThisIsEd
Level 4

Know any tricks to get the Tab Stop value to stay? Everytime I switch out to another dialog and back, the Tab Stops have reverted back to old values
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

I've never run into that...but it doesn't surprise me. Perhaps the numbering wasn't completely contiguous? Try modifying it in the Control table using the direct editor. I've managed to sneak stuff by the over-reaching logic of the IS IDE using the direct editor.

(Now that I think of it,that's how I did it originally, just because it was easier to go right down the column instead of clicking this control, then selecting the Tab field, then assigning the values, then selecting the next control, and repeating.)
0 Kudos