cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bschubert
Level 3

Bundled JRE Failure on Linux

This issue is really becoming pressing.

I am building an installation on Windows XP. I have instructed ISMP to create a Linux build as well. I copy the .bin file to my Linux machine and I have to run dos2unix on the file for it to execute.

I am including a Bundled JRE in my Linux build. After I chmod 0755 the installer the file will execute. I receive the Initializing Wizard … Searching for JRE .. Verifying JRE ….. Unpacking JRE …. Then an error that states:

Bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is corrupt. Testing JRE failed.

I have made both a custom JRE bundle and tried to use the one that ISMP provided. I tested them BOTH on the Linux platform and they both unpack fine in whatever folder I execute them in.

I have read every post on bundled JRE’s and have seen other people with the same issue, however their resolutions don’t seem to uniform. Some mention full tmp folders and others how they move files. Both of which I have ruled out as issues.

If I run java –cp install.bin run on the file, it will work as long as the java I am using is not the fresh install from Fedora 5. If it is I must install the JRE by hand and ensure I use the java from the bin of the JRE I installed. So it would look something like

/usr/java/jdk123/bin/java –cp install.bin run

ISMP should be able to unpack a JRE with no issue. IS there something I am missing?

Looking forward to the communities input.

Ben
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
a-zender
Level 3

I am creating a linux distribution on a windows machine, and the only thing that needs to be done is "chmod +x" to the bin file.
I tried running dos2unix, and only then I reproduced your problem...
0 Kudos
bschubert
Level 3

Speaking with Macrovision I found out I need a hotfix for ISMP 11.5 sp1. It solved the need to convert the file. I will post the final fix once I confirm I have resolution to the issue.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
bschubert
Level 3

Okay I dont know what to say about the product, however Macrovision’s customer support is probably the best I have ever been through. The trouble is was 2 fold:

1) Certain version of ISMP 11.5 sp1 need a hotfix to correct an issues when the build makes a linux.bin carriage returns are getting into the bin file when created on a Windows box then moved to Linux. You can only get these hotfixes by calling and speaking with support. The symptoms are as follows:
a. When you try to execute the file on Linux it says “No such file”
b. After you chmod 0755 the file it says “Can not execute the file”
c. If you run dos2unix on the file it executes you receive an error like Bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is corrupt. Testing JRE failed.
2) In the search the file sunjdk14.jvm under JVMs/linux, there is no vendor listed under the path hint. To correct this, we added java.vendor=Sun… This was causing the launcher to incorrectly verify a java install on Fedora Core 5 which was missing the JRE libs.

Thanks,
Ben
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

I got the same error on an AIX platform with an installer built on SunOS:

"Bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is corrupt. Testing JRE failed."

The issue was the file was copied to the AIX platform with some windows utility that basically ftp's the file in ASCII mode!!! Ftp'ing the file in Binary fixed the problem!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos
JA_SDT
Level 2

could someone send me this hotfix or give me a link to it? macrovision doesn't answer the phone 😞

thank you!!
0 Kudos