cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rainbow
Level 3

Building Releases

Hi,All
Before you can test your installation, you must build a set of disk images. How to use the InstallShield graphical tools and command-line tools for building release images for a network location, or for the Web.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
esiemiat
Level 9

Look up "Building a Release" and "Building a Release from the Command Line" in the InstallShield help library.
0 Kudos
jlocke
Level 3

Are you using Premier? If not, my understand is there are not command-line tools for building release in the Professional version.
We are in the process of evaluating whether to buy two 2009 Professional copies or one Prof and one Premier.

Regarding building to a network location: if IS 2009 is the same as IS 12, in Is 12 you can specify a network location to copy the build files to.
0 Kudos
rainbow
Level 3

jlocke wrote:
Are you using Premier? If not, my understand is there are not command-line tools for building release in the Professional version.
We are in the process of evaluating whether to buy two 2009 Professional copies or one Prof and one Premier.

Regarding building to a network location: if IS 2009 is the same as IS 12, in Is 12 you can specify a network location to copy the build files to.

I use 2009 Professional version.
0 Kudos