cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joachimverhagen
Level 2

Build overwrites SecureCustomProperties with IS_SQLSERVER_LIST

We upgraded to 2008 premier edition about a month ago.
Everything worked fine for a few weeks.
Last week we got VAL0008 errors that the Action Properties in the update table should be listed in SecureCustomProperties. The properties were there and this has not been changed in ages. The only changes last month involved files.

Looking in Orca I found that all properties in SecureCustomProperties except for the last one were replaced by IS_SQLSERVER_LIST. We do not use the sqlserver connection stuff in installshield, so I have no idea what use this is.

Adding IS_SQLSERVER_LISTat the beginning of SecureCustomProperties, in the hope that this would prevent the replace made no difference.

Does anybody know what is causing this and how I can stop this?

Joachim.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
joachimverhagen
Level 2

The problem is solved.
It seemed that last week a merge module was changed and that caused this for some reason. I don't know why the merge module changed SecureCustomProperties. But now the merge module is fixed and everything works fine.

In case anyone else gets a similar problem, the workaround I used yesterday was :
Disable the error message in the menu in tools->options-> tab Validation unchecking "Perform patching & upgrading validation".

And fixing the msi table by hand afterwards.
0 Kudos