cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dglover
Level 3

Build error when using .ico file for shortcut

Hi There,

I'm using an .ico file as the Icon File for a desktop shortcut, however I'm getting the following build error....

ISDEV : error -3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file D:\BUILD\FlipGU\installfiles\Flip_prog_icon.ico for icon NewShortcut2_7D4F0A4A05D04C88AE251BD1E29C4AA4.exe

This was previously an IS12 project before upgrade to 2009, and it built fine. So I created a completely new project in 2009, same error. Created a new project in IS12, built fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
KRZero
Level 3

Hi dglover,

I'am facing exactly the same problem. Did you find out any solution in the mean time? A strange thing is, that this error only occurs on some machines during the standalone build, independent of the OS (XP, Vista).
Running the SA Build on my XP test and my Vista developer machine works out fine. Running the SA Build on a colleagues machine fails due to the mentioned error.

regards

Kai
0 Kudos
KRZero
Level 3

I finally figured it out. The main problem in our case was, that all files are stored under source control, which causes the files in the standalone build folder to be set readonly, which produced the error (nevertheless this has never been an issue in IS DevStudio 9 or IS 11.5, but for any reason it
is now in IS 2009).

On my dev. and test machines I've always set the project folder attr. to
-a by default, this is why the error didn't appear in this case.

To solve this problem I now just set the file attribs in the
StandaloneBuild "Support" folder to -a temporarily durring the
build process.

Cheers

Kai
0 Kudos