cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Viswanadh
Level 2

Build Errors(4092) with Multiple Languages

Hi,

I am using Install Shield 2012 Spring - Premier Edition , version 19.

I have an Install Script MSI project. To localize our product , I have added some languages in the Setup Languages field under "General Information" and selected some languages in the UI languages under "Releases".

All the settings are correct and proper and i am building the release correctly.

When i tried to build the project ( Out 0f 10 times , once or twice it is successful) , most of the times i get the following errors.
Its building successfully if i include only one language.

Error opening MSI database "\Product\Release\DiskImages\DISK1\1043.msi" -4092. The number of the msi varies though.
Some times i get Internal build error also.

I tried with different combinations of languages but ended up in getting the same error.
I have enabled "Keep unused directories" to yes. But no change though.

Checked many forums and sites but no help and i can see that many people face this issue too.

We are blocked on this and Please help in fixing this issue ASAP.
Do i need to add/change anything more ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Viswanadh
Level 2

Can anyone help me on this ?
0 Kudos
hari_0516
Level 2

Viswanadh wrote:
Can anyone help me on this ?

This is basically due to antivirus. the .msi generated intermediately will be scanned by the antivirus (realtime scan) which takes time. Meanwhile your ism project tries to delete msi file which is in hold with antivirus. so u cant delete this file which is causing this problem.

Check with your IT Department and stop the antivirus or in antivirus include MSI to ignore the real time scan.
this will solve your problem.
0 Kudos