cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kthage
Level 2

Build Error 6028 when building from VS

I've just upgraded my ISM file from IS12 to IS2008 binary. After that I changed the fileformat to XML.

When building the ISM from within IS2008 or with IsCmdBld.exe, it builds without problems, but when I'm building the ISM from VS, it is failing with error 6028.

I've tried following the knowledge base Q109583, telling me to downgrade the ISM to IS10 and reopening the ISM, forsing an upgrade. This didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas as to what I can look for in my ISM?

Cheers

Kristian
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This error could be occurring if the project uses Visual Studio project outputs and the build isn't properly resolving the outputs (or possibly the project isn't using project outputs and the build thinks it needs to resolve some files as project outputs).

- If you look at the files/outputs included in the project in the Files and Folders view, do all the Link To columns look to have appropriate values?
- Do any of these look different than how they look in the project in IS 12?
- Does this issue occur if you build with the original (IS 2008) binary project file in Visual Studio?
0 Kudos
kthage
Level 2

The "Link to" is probably where the problem is. I'm using a Path variable as prefix in all links.
When i look at the path variables (and the Property Manager) in VS 2005, nothing is shown but the red X, as if I'm missing something in my installation.

- I've got both VS2005 and VS2008 installed on my workstation.
- I tried a reinstall of the VS collaboration, but that did not solve the problem.
0 Kudos