cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phoffman
Level 2

Build All Releases

Hello,

I'm evaluating your software as a replacement for the now defunct Wise. We have two different styles of deployment. We have a server/client setup & a standalone setup. With the server/client setup each having a subset of the features in the standalone setup, I determined that using release flags would allow me to build different installations for each. It seems to work just fine, but I've noticed that I can't elect to build all of the releases. Visual Studio just seems to allow me to build the selected release. I was looking forward to automating the build process for the installation, but if we cannot build all releases it seems kind of pointless. Am I missing something here?

-Philip

Edit: I'm evaluating the Professional Edition.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

To manually kick off builds of each release from within InstallShield, you can use the batch build functionality. For more information, see Performing Batch Builds.

For automating the build process, you may want to consider options such as these:

• Use ISCmdBld.exe, a command-line tool that is installed with InstallShield and the Standalone Build, to build your releases from the command line.
  • To build Visual Studio solutions with InstallShield releases, use MSBuild.

You can also use the automation interface to automate various project changes that you want to make at build time and then run the builds. For more information, see Automating Build Processes.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos