cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelter
Level 10

Bug! SdShowDlgEdit1 Cancel button

SdShowDlgEdit1 has 2 return values: Next(1) and Back(12), but it has 3 Buttons: Next, Back, and Cancel. Cancel does nothing. I need to be able to remove that button or make it return a value. Why would IS provide a dialog that is fundamentally broken? Did i miss some documentation saying that the SdDialog... functions were deprecated?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

How and where are you calling it? If I add SdShowDlgEdit1 into the OnFirstUIBefore event handler of an InstallScript project, it calls the OnCanceling handler when I click Cancel...
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

It's a basic MSI project. Your reply led me to the Handler function. That looks like it'll do it. Much appreciated. i guess my silly little
  if (nvResult = CANCEL)then
return -1;
endif;

wasn't really doing anything at all.

I was apparently neglecting the fact that these Sd- functions were obviously designed for use with event-driven projects.

Thanks again for your help, Robert. You're always a big help.
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

Okay, so i've finally gotten back to this problem, and it appears as though the "Handler" function is not the solution. It won't compile, as it complains of and illegal "Handler" call outside of program block. "Program" blocks are only in InstallScript projects (so perhaps the doc should say at the top that the topic only applies to IS projects.)

So we still have the problem of a dialog being provided with broken functioanlity, and no alternative provided except a custom MFC dialog.

Is there actually an alternative, and i just haven't figured it out yet?

Help, help!
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Can you use an MSI custom dialog box instead? SdShowDlgEdit1 shouldn't be that difficult to duplicate, and it would use the standard button behavior...
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

How do i create an msi custom dialog box in a basic msi projet? the closest thing i've found in the help was the EzDefineDialog, but that doesn't seem to make sense whe ni need to call it from an installscript CA within a basic msi project...

sorry, i usually don't require this much hand-holding... 😕
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see the sample chapter from the training course "Learning MSI Projects Using InstallShield 2008" (not 2009) available here: http://www.acresso.com/services/education/publications.htm.

The online help section Creating Installations > Defining the End-User Interface > Working with Dialogs has more information on the matter, too.
0 Kudos