cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspencer
Level 4

Background Image Error

I have converted by install from IS12 to IS2009 and now my background images are not displaying.

The code is as follows:

Enable( BACKGROUND );

switch (nvDy)
case 600:
szBmpName = SUPPORTDIR ^ @BACKGROUND_IMAGE + "-800x600.bmp";
case 768:
szBmpName = SUPPORTDIR ^ @BACKGROUND_IMAGE + "-1024x768.bmp";
case 864:
szBmpName = SUPPORTDIR ^ @BACKGROUND_IMAGE + "-1152x859.bmp";
case 1024:
szBmpName = SUPPORTDIR ^ @BACKGROUND_IMAGE + "-1280x1024.bmp";
case 1200:
szBmpName = SUPPORTDIR ^ @BACKGROUND_IMAGE + "-1600x1200.bmp";
default :
szBmpName = SUPPORTDIR ^ @BACKGROUND_IMAGE + "-1024x768.bmp";
endswitch;

PlaceBitmap (szBmpName, 10, CENTERED, CENTERED, CENTERED);

I have debugged my install and verified that the bitmap does exist in the support directory and the value of @BACKGROUND_IMAGE is correct, therefore the value of szBmpName is correct.

This code has not changed from IS12 and every time I run the install from IS12 the background image is displayed. However, I never get the background image displayed when I run the install from IS2009.

I am using a pure installscript project.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Not applicable

I did some testing related to this, it looks like there is a break in IS2009, try calling Enable( FULLWINDOWMODE ) or Enable( DEFWINDOWMODE) after calling Enable( BACKGROUND ), the background should then display.

Let me know if this change causes any other problems for your setup as FULLWINDOWMODE isn't always the same as the default behavior when neither window mode is specified.

I don't have a tracking # on this issue yet, I will post when I do.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
sspencer
Level 4

Devin,

Thanks for the reply. The problem with the two modes is the background still shows in a window mode with the task bar shown. In the default, available previously, the background image would display on the entire screen without the window mode and task bar.

Has there been any progress with a tracking # yet? I had reported this to support, but I haven't gotten anywhere yet. They wanted my project file, but if looks like you were able to duplicate.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The tracking # for this issue is IOC-000074327.

The attached ISRT.obl solves this problem. Install the file to the 'Script\ISRT\Lib' folder and rebuild the setup.

Important Note: Due to the way that MSI updates files during a patch, once you install this file, any later InstallShield service pack will not update this file even if the service pack contains a later version, therefore if in the future you install an InstallShield 2009 service pack, be sure to delete this file before installing the service pack.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
sspencer
Level 4

Devin,

Thanks for the response and update. I applied the update and it appears to be working ok now.
0 Kudos