cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michaelwong
Level 3

Automation error

Hi, I've upgraded my machine from Installshield 2008 to 2010 Standalone. I have a VBS script that sets the product version, but keep getting the following error:

Error: Unknown runtime error:'CreateObject'
Code: 800A801D
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Here's the offending code:

Project = Wscript.Arguments(0)
strPropertyValue = Wscript.Arguments(1)

WScript.Echo "Executing ISMSetProductVersion.vbs " & Project & " " & strPropertyValue

Set oISM = CreateObject("IswiAuto16.ISWiProject")

On Error Resume Next

oISM.OpenProject Project
if Err.Number <> 0 Then
Wscript.Echo "Project not found: " & Project & vbNewLine
Wscript.Quit Err.Number
End If

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Has ISWiAutomation16.dll been registered on this machine? Also, if this is a 64-bit machine, is this VBScript being run with the 32-bit versions of wscript.exe/cscript.exe?
0 Kudos
michaelwong
Level 3

joshstechnij wrote:
Has ISWiAutomation16.dll been registered on this machine? Also, if this is a 64-bit machine, is this VBScript being run with the 32-bit versions of wscript.exe/cscript.exe?

Thanks for replying.

I've registered the .dll and this is a 32-bit system, but the error remains.
0 Kudos
MarcCa
Level 4

I'm having the same problem in IS2010.

Previously in IS2008 we were using the same CreateObject call (with the old project object id) and that worked fine.

I think there must be something wrong in the IswiAuto16.ISWiProject COM object.

This only happens on a PC with the standalone build installed. When the development environment of installshield 2010 is also installed (as on my development PC) this problem does not occur.

Did anyone find a solution?
0 Kudos
MarcCa
Level 4

I found a workaround for this problem by using a unix tool awk.exe.

I created an UpdateVersion.awk file with:

/ProductName/ {gsub("",MyVersion)}
/ProductVersion/ {gsub("",MyVersion)}
{print}

is the version present in your project. In my project, this version is also present in the ProductName.

I also created a batch file which calls awk with the right parameters:

awk.exe -f UpdateVersion.awk -v MyVersion=1.0 ProjectFile.ism > NewProjectFile.ism

After that I start the stand alone build of the project.

Still, I would like to ask the Acresso engineers to look into the problem.
The fact that it doesn't work with only the standalone build installed and that it does work when the normal IS2010 is also installed seems to me like some problem with missing dlls or something like that.
0 Kudos
bperessini
Level 2

I experienced the same problem on a machine with just the stand-alone edition installed.

I was able to resolve the problem by going to Add/Remove programs and modifying the IS 2010 install and ensuring that all components were selected.
0 Kudos
albatros
Level 3

Thank you very much.
That also solved our problem.

The automation interface and script objects are disabled in standard setup of standalone build.

On basis of the size of the features (e.g. 940kB for automation interface) I would advice that all features are enabled by default 🙂

Flo
0 Kudos
pamtaro
Level 3

I had this problem too with just the Standalone installed. Add/Remove Programs and modifying the setup to include the automation interface did the trick! Thanks!
0 Kudos