cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuttledude
Level 7

Automated but visible uninstall of InstallScriptMSI possible?

Of course it's easy enough to perform a silent automatic uninstall of an InstallScript MSI project, via setup.exe /s /f1"..path to iss file"

And 99% of the time I want this to be silent (invisible). But is it possible to have a fully automated uninstall that still shows the dialogs that appear during the uninstall process?

I've tried /uninstall and /x with and without the *.iss file, and have tried passing /v/qb and tried other things too ... googled it and looked on this board. Can't get it to work, but it seems I've done this before many years ago ... and have forgotten how.

Anyone know if this is even possible? :confused:

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

I am no w finding myself in the same boat. Did you ever figure out how to do this?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

I wound up converting to a basic msi for the projects that absolutely needed some minimal feedback and used a /qb (for "quite basic feedback") command line parameter.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Thanks Shuttledude. That's what I did for previous Basic MSI projects. Finding myself in InstallScript MSI projects now. I do have access to the projects and I could add a property that tells me if this is a Suite install... wonder if there is a way to add a condition somewhere in the IS MSI project to skip that pop up if we are installing via Suite.
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

rguggisberg wrote:
...wonder if there is a way to add a condition somewhere in the IS MSI project to skip that pop up if we are installing via Suite.

You might be able to get the suite itself to set a property that could be checked by the msi project ... open the suite project, go to "Behavior and Logic / Events", expand Events, right-click an event (e.g., OnPackagesConfiguring), choose "New Set Property", on the Action tab specify the Property Name and Property Value. An alternate approach would be to open the msi project, create some unique property, skip the pop up if that property is set to some certain value. Then, in the Suite project, select the Package of interest, on the Common tab expand the "Install" operation, and in the "EXE Command Line" supply a command argument that just sets the property (I think the property needs to be in ALL CAPS to make it public, such that it can be set via a command line parameter).

Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Yes, I have added properties to a Suite via the 'Property Manager' and then passed them on the command line. Just don't know where/how to add a condition in the InstallScript MSI project to skip the pop up.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

To save time and help out any that encounter this problem… this was answered by Josh at
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?174794-Standard-Maintainence-Dialog-box-and-Yes-No-message-box&highlight=ifx_maintui_msg
The part that may not be obvious is that when you go to the InstallScript tab some Events may not appear (at least they did not in my InstallScript MSI project). To add them:
• Click on Files and Setup.rul
• Pull down the drop-down in the window to the right (Initializaton)
• Select ‘Before Move Data’
• Now select the desired Event in the box to the right to insert it into your Setup.rul
• Proceed to edit as needed
0 Kudos