cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlphillips
Level 3

Autiomation interface cannot set all properties for new release.

😞
We use IS 2010 Automation interface (ISWiAuto16), but it is seriously out of date with respect to IS 2008 project options, and does not support property assignment for releases targeted for current Microsoft Platforms.

Each automated build of our products requires in increment in the release version, which is reflected in the Release name. Since the automation interface does not allow re-name of an existing release (the "Name" property of a relase is Read Only), it is not possible to use a pre-built release configuration as a template, and a new release must be created on the product configuration.

However, for Windows 2008 and Windows 7, our release must use a elevated privilege, so we need to set the "Required Execution Level". property for Setup.exe. The automation interface does not support access to this property, and there is no other way to modify the manifest that IS embeds in the Setup.exe launcher. How else can this property be set without using the IDE?

From the IS documentation, it appears the only way this property can be set is through the IDE, which makes the automation interface worthless. Dumb!

Dave Phillips
Honeywell Inc.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jarcinfo
Level 3

IS 2011 Automation Interface (ISWiAuto16) still does not allow to set the "Required Execution Level"
.. or perhaps that the documentation has not been updated.

I use ISWiRelease object, but I found no way to set this property 😞

Does somebody have some information about that ?

Thank
0 Kudos
Not applicable

jarcinfo wrote:
IS 2011 Automation Interface (ISWiAuto16) still does not allow to set the "Required Execution Level"
.. or perhaps that the documentation has not been updated.

I use ISWiRelease object, but I found no way to set this property 😞

Does somebody have some information about that ?

Thank

InstallShield 2012 support it.
0 Kudos