cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JCannegieter
Level 2

Assigning IUSR accounts rights to a folder using the ISLockPermissions table

I need to assign the IUSR account rights to a folder that is created by my install. In earlier versions of InstallShield, I had to use a custom action because the LockPermissions table could only replace rights for a folder. I was excited to see the ISLockPermissions table added to InstallShield 2010, but unfortunately I've run into a problem.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to specify the domain and user for the IUSR account in the ISLockPermissions table. If I use [%USERDOMAIN] and IUSR, respectively, I get an error. Likewise, I get an error if I put the computer name in the domain field or if I leave it empty. Does anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks.
Jared
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JCannegieter
Level 2

Apparently I was on the right track in leaving the Domain blank. It's working now. I'm not sure what I did differently before, but it's good now.
0 Kudos
ACFaulkner79
Level 2

Hi JC

How did you manage to set the correct permissions for the IUSR account in the IsLockPermissions table?

I have been asked to create a folder for a web app that need to install with Full Permissons set using the Internet Guest Account

Regards
Adam
0 Kudos