cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loyalp
Level 5

AspEnableParentPaths TRUE?????

MSIInstallScript Project

I searched the KB and found some incidents from 2 or more years ago about this Advanced Setting not functioning, but I was hoping maybe it's been fixed by now...

Setting the Advanced Property: AspEnableParentPaths to TRUE is working on IIS machines in other OSes, but not on a Server2003 machine in my testing.

Do I still need to script out something for this, or has it actually been fixed and I just don't have the right update for my IS2009?

Which is a whole other issue... the update manager seems to be able to manage nothing. 😞
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I tried setting this property with IS 2009 and the property seems to have been set. If I look at the metabase information after installing a website with IS 2009 that has this property set, I see the following in metabase.xml:

AccessFlags="AccessRead | AccessScript"
AppFriendlyName="Default Application1"
AppIsolated="2"
AspEnableParentPaths="TRUE"
AspScriptTimeout="90"
AspSessionTimeout="20"
AuthFlags="AuthAnonymous | AuthNTLM"
DirBrowseFlags="0"
DontLog="FALSE"
HttpErrors=""
ServerAutoStart="TRUE"
ServerComment="DisplayName1"
>

The AspEnableParentPaths property appears to be set to true as I had configured it in the project.

How are you verifying this property is set/not set?
0 Kudos
loyalp
Level 5

joshstechnij wrote:

How are you verifying this property is set/not set?

From the IIS Management Console in the Advanced Settings the Enable Parent Paths remained unchecked after install. Also, our web application that requires it to be enabled will not work.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I am still unable to reproduce this behavior. Can you provide the steps you've taken to try setting this property in an InstallShield project? Also, can you attach a verbose log of an installation that fails to set this property?
0 Kudos
loyalp
Level 5

I've just scrapped using the interface for now and have created a Custom Action to deal with the Parent Paths.
0 Kudos