cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean_archer
Level 2

Any way to exclude type library dll

Hi,

I am creating my first installer project using the LE for Visual Studio 2010.

The project references a typelibrary SAPbobsCOM88.dll which is referenced by an Interop dll Interop.SAPbobsCOM.dll. I only want the interop file copied to the output folder when the application is installed as the referenced type library must already exist for the application to work correctly.

However, the created installer is copying and then failing to reference the type library. Is there any way to prevent this file from automatically being copied whilest ensuring the interop file does copy?

I have tried manually specifying the files from the network instead of copying via Primary Output options.

Regards,
Sean
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi Sean,

I understand from your description that you would like to configure the settings of SAPbobsCOM88.dll. I hope I have understood that right.

In InstallShield Limited Edition there are a few settings that could be made to a DLL file by right clicking the same and selecting the “Properties” option.Kindly navigate to the “COM & .NET Settings” tab and please note the options.

Kindly refer the below document that would help you understand this:

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=InstallShield2011Express-IDlgFilePropertiesComNetSettingshtm&

Please do let me know if this is what you are looking for.
0 Kudos
sean_archer
Level 2

Hi Keerthana,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up figuring it out and it is precisely as you have indicated.

I needed to manually add the files rather use the generic project output option. Then I was able to select Properties on the Interop DLL and flag it as a COM Interop and changed scan at build to properties only which has successfully excluded the unwanted DLL from the installer.

Thanks,
Sean
0 Kudos