cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Another INSTALLLEVEL question

I've been reading the posts on here regarding setting components conditionally via setting the INSTALLLEVEL but for some reason I can't get it to work.

Here it is: I have a dialog in my install where customer enters in some info. I evaluate it via InstallScipt and then set a property (CODEVALUE) based on this (property value set is either A, B or C). I have 3 different features for this install and based on the users choice in this dialog only 1 of these will get installed (A, B or C).

In my project, these 3 components all have an INSTALLEVEL of 200 so that they won't get installed by default. I added a condition to each one of these (i.e. Set Level to 1, Condition = CODEVALUE=A)

So when I'm testing, just before the install starts the file transfer I display the value of CODEVALUE and yes it's set correctly. However, after the install is complete, the component 'A' has not been copied. What gives? The property has been set and since it's set to a 1 it should copy.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Reureu
Level 10

just before the install starts the file transfer I display the value of CODEVALUE and yes it's set correctly.

You might have an issue with the visibility of the properties. Depending on how you have implemented your setup, you might have to pass your property as a custom action data to the custom action that actually uses this property.

Can you try to display the value of the property in the custom action that uses it?

Am I right in thinking that you are working on an MSI project?

Regards
0 Kudos