cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rftemer
Level 2

Advanced UI and Suite Project Receive a command line

Hi Guys,

I'm with a problem related the Advanced UI and Suite Project, I need receive in the Project a parameter like Setup.exe /test, after that I need do something like execute MSI...

How Can I do this?

Thanks a lot.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Suite/Advanced UI projects accept properties on the command line similar to Windows Installer. For example setup.exe TEST=Value would result in the suite property TEST being set to Value. You can then customize the project to react to this property. Does that address your needs?

InstallShield 2013 adds some better ways of reacting to properties by providing a Property Value condition type that you can use on packages or in the UI; in InstallShield 2012 Spring you might need to create an extension condition in order to work with the value of the property.
0 Kudos
rvnairme
Level 2

I'm facing an issue while passing parameter to Suite Setup.exe. If the parameter contains space, then execution will not happen.
Eg: Setup.exe /silent INSTALLDIR="C:\My Path"
Here Setup.exe is my Suite and suite cotains msi, so I have to pass INSTALLDIR from outside. I dont want to use the Silent Command Line option in Package. I need to pass it from Commandline only.
Any help on this will be appreciable.
Thanks
-RN
0 Kudos