cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philip_greig
Level 3

Adding an ICON

When I add an ICON in the 'Configure the TargetSystem' Shortcuts/Folders, and then build the project, I get an error, error 3204: Cannot extract icon with index 0 from file c:\code\LOGO-24.BMP. Why is this?
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Philip,

Could you try browsing to an .ico file or the .exe file or .dll file that contains the icon resource.

Installshield Limited Edition is unable to extract the .ico file. Hence you are coming across the 3204 error message.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
philip_greig
Level 3

Yes, ok but it's not as simple as that it seems. I have now added the ICONS using an existing .exe file with a specific ICON. It seems to accept it without errors. Although I've noticed that the Launch ICON has the InstallShield ICON and that the application ICON has the one I specified in the .exe file supplied for the ICON specification. The ICON appears to be specified in two places, in the Short Cuts in the 'Configure the Target System' section and in the General Information in the 'Organise Your Setup' section. I don't know why this is. Anyway, I have entered the same information in both sections and still I get a different ICON for Launch and for the product itself.

One other issue with ICONS, it appears that sometimes you enter an ICON and it builds with no errors. You come in the next day and do a build without any changes and it fails.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi Philip,

The option to change the default icon of the setup.exe file is not available in InstallShield Limited Edition.

You may change the icon through a resource editor like Visual Studio.

In InstallShield 2011 Premier and Professional edition the option of changing the default icon is available in the releases view.

The option available under general information view is to display a desired icon for the application in ARP.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos