Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manuel_K
Level 4

Add new languages?

Hello,

# Using InstallShield 2010 Premier (English) SP1 w/ Hotfix #

I'm quite happy with the language variety, but I need one additional one: English (UK).

At the moment, IS only has "English (USA)", but I need a second English for Europe to display different EULAs. Is it possible to add a new language? There's no translation work involved (a copy of the US-english strings is OK).

Thanks for any clues.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Sure. The New Language Wizard would let you add English (UK) to your project. InstallShield would use English (U.S.) strings as placeholders for the string values. When you add the new language, InstallShield adds a new node for that language to the Support Files view (or the Support Files/Billboards view, depending on your project type). You can add the language-specific EULA to this node.
0 Kudos
Manuel_K
Level 4

Perfect, that's what I'm looking for.
Thanks for this very qualified answer 🙂
0 Kudos
Manuel_K
Level 4

I know have implemented the second English language, but when I launch setup.exe, it just displays two items: "Deutsch" (German) and "English" (no US or UK in parentheses. But it launches the EN-US in my case).

Is English (US) just displayed in the US (or if the regional setting is US) and English (UK) is used on other systems? (at the moment I'm connecting from a US system via RDP to a german system running the IS installation)

I don't have a suitable test setup at the moment to test it with different Windows editions (regarding language).

Best would be to have both english languages in the selection box to choose from, is this possible?

Edit:
OK, i found it. I forgot to add the new language under Releases -> Build tab -> UI Languages.

Edit 2:
Another problem: I can't use different License Agreements for the English dialogs.
Text e.g. at labels is saved correctly among all tree languages (German, EN-US, EN-UK), but if I choose a RTF file for the Memo, it inserts the same file name both at English US AND English UK (German isn't altered), which is not intented... any suggestions?

Edit 3:
OK, solved this one, too. I had to clear all memo file properties, move the RTF files to a different folder and then add them to the memos again. :confused:
0 Kudos