cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Androns
Level 4

Add natively unsupported language

hello guys! this is one of those misserable moments in my life when the tools are not doing what they suppose to do for a 4,500 euro price :mad:

so the problem is with dev tool called : "Installshield 2009 Premier" sp2 latest paches on MS Vista Ultimate x86 intell.

The greatest pain sofar is adding a unsuported language : "LATVIAN" 4026 to IS MSI project ( adding to basic MSI suceeded )

Dev team reffere to incident bug : IOB-000055577 !!! and SIOA-000140062

anyone who can help, please do so - any info on the problem much thx grats regards...

please help!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Did you check out this thread?
0 Kudos
Androns
Level 4

thanks for guide, but why do you think i have not tried solutions mentioned in :

Q106687: HOWTO: Add an Unsupported Language to a Project

and a lot of other stuff 🙂

acresso already admit that this is a bug!!!

thx anywayz , eny other ideaz ? :mad: or a workaround would be much of a asistance.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

After I applied the hotfix posted in the thread I suggested to look, I am able to add Latvian to an InstallScript MSI project in InstallShield 2009 SP2 successfully. I have received no build errors nor runtime errors with the Latvian support.

Here is what I did:
[LIST=1]
  • Create a new InstallScript MSI project, and close the project in the InstallShield IDE.
  • Run the Add New Language wizard, and add Latvian to the project created in the previous step.
  • Copy all contents of the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\redist\0409 folder to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\redist\0426
  • Copy C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\support\0x0409.ini to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\support\0x0426.ini.
  • Open 0x0426.ini in Notepad.exe and change the [0x0409] section name to [0x0426].
  • Reopen the project in the InstallShield IDE. Add Latvian in the General Information view.
  • Run the Release Wizard. Select English (United States) and Latvian for the setup languages, and mark the "Display the Setup Languages Dialog" check box.
  • Build and run the setup.

If you still experience the problem, could you provide more details of error that you are receiving so that we can look into it?

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
  • 0 Kudos