cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redbox
Level 4

About packaging an uncompressed package into setup.exe?

Our cusomters need to change certain files' in our installer before deploying it to their employees. So, I built the installer as a "CD-ROM" type, i.e. all installation and application files are left uncompressed, that they can directly change the files.

Now, the problem is how to compress the package into a single setup.exe file after the modification. I tried IExpress, and it doesn't seem to allow compressing folders. Can anybody suggest a better tool or solution?

Thanks a lot!

-R
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Gvarma
Level 7

Easiest way for you, I could think of is WINZIP self extracting exe, you could make your "setup.exe" to run once all files have been extracted.

HTH
0 Kudos
Chetan
Level 3

Hi..

You can able to take all the files in a single setup.exe..
If you are using Installshield 2008 Premier edition..
Open the project that you are working there is an option under "Media" called "Releases". When you select this option, at the right side it will display the tree structure of release option. Then select the "Release" which you have named or by defualt it wil be named as "Release1" and it's icon will look like "Drive" (c drive , drive etc); then after selecting this "Release1" its properties will be displayed. Under first tab that is "Build" there is an third option called "Compression" you can set it to "Compressed" or "Uncompressed".
Then by taking build you will automatically notice the changes occures in the Release folder of Installshield..
Hope this will help you...
0 Kudos