cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaneFindley
Level 2

6415 Error when creating patch

I am receiving a 6415 error message when I try and build a patch for our latest software release. I have built this patch several times before against previous versions of the software.

As part of the previous release a component was being loaded in as a dependency, this has been introduced on the new release as a component as the version has been updated. This is now not complaining during the build and says that it will happily upgrade the version.

Both of the packages are uncompressed and share product versions, the log I see in the Build window is:

Created release folders
Performing Upgrading and Patching Validation
Val0003: This setup will perform a MINOR upgrade of the referenced previous setup c:\tfslocal\prs\development\solutions\publish\full installers\installers\sizingsuite 1.2.1.13\release-uncompressed\diskimages\disk1\sizing suite.msi
ISDEV : warning Val0015: The CreateFolder table contains new content. Therefore, if you are packaging this upgrade as a patch, you will not be able to make it an uninstallable patch. c:\tfslocal\prs\development\solutions\publish\full installers\installers\sizingsuite 1.2.1.13\release-uncompressed\diskimages\disk1\sizing suite.msi
ISDEV : warning Val0015: The ISSQLConnectionScript table contains new content. Therefore, if you are packaging this upgrade as a patch, you will not be able to make it an uninstallable patch. c:\tfslocal\prs\development\solutions\publish\full installers\installers\sizingsuite 1.2.1.13\release-uncompressed\diskimages\disk1\sizing suite.msi
ISDEV : warning Val0015: The ISSQLScriptFile table contains new content. Therefore, if you are packaging this upgrade as a patch, you will not be able to make it an uninstallable patch. c:\tfslocal\prs\development\solutions\publish\full installers\installers\sizingsuite 1.2.1.13\release-uncompressed\diskimages\disk1\sizing suite.msi
Creating Patch Configuration Properties...
Building MsiPatchMetadata table
Building ISPatchWholeFile table
Creating Patch...
Validating MSI input file...
Table: Properties
Table: ImageFamilies
Table: UpgradedImages
Table: TargetImages
Cleaning up temporary files...
ISDEV : error -6415: There was an error creating the patch package. Writing contents of log file 'C:\TFSLocal\PRS\Development\Solutions\publish\Full Installers\Patches\SizingSuite_2.0.0.0_Update\Interm\PatchCreation.log' to output window.
The patch creation process has completed with: 1 Errors and 3 Warnings.
Log file has been created: C:\TFSLocal\PRS\Development\Solutions\publish\Full Installers\Patches\SizingSuite_2.0.0.0_Update\Interm\7-29-2014 08-35-02 AM.txt

If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I would start by looking at the referenced log file, as it may give you a good idea what's going wrong:
C:\TFSLocal\PRS\Development\Solutions\publish\Full Installers\Patches\SizingSuite_2.0.0.0_Update\Interm\PatchCreation.log
0 Kudos