cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carryr
Level 5

32bits and 64 bits installer

Hello
I have a doubt. We want create a product that can be installed in both 32-bit machines and 64 bits. I've been looking for help, and I understand that an installer may be only for one of the two platforms, I can not make one that works on both. Is this true? Should not be true and can use the same, as I do that?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Not applicable

carryr wrote:
Hello
I have a doubt. We want create a product that can be installed in both 32-bit machines and 64 bits. I've been looking for help, and I understand that an installer may be only for one of the two platforms, I can not make one that works on both. Is this true? Should not be true and can use the same, as I do that?

You can try suite project in InstallShield 2012.
0 Kudos
carryr
Level 5

I know it, Kevin.
But here bought the 2011 version last June...
0 Kudos
carryr
Level 5

Another question. . . 😮
I think that I know the response but. . . Is there any way that I can change the file "template Summary" through the installscript?
0 Kudos
vsrini
Level 3

Did you try having two components (one for 32-bit and another for 64-bit) under the feature that you want installed? You could then specify the target platform for each component (Installation Designer->Organization -> Components -> [Click on Componet] -> Target Machine.
0 Kudos
carryr
Level 5

vsrini wrote:
Did you try having two components (one for 32-bit and another for 64-bit) under the feature that you want installed? You could then specify the target platform for each component (Installation Designer->Organization -> Components -> [Click on Componet] -> Target Machine.

Hello vsrini
I don't see the option that you say to me. I don't have "Target Machine" option... :confused:
0 Kudos