cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbsdis
Level 6

32-bit ocx register issue on 64-bit system

Hi,

I re-engineered one of our old products from IS5.5 to IS2010 (Basic MSI), to comply with new OSs. Everything works perfectly on 32-bit systems. But on 64-bit system (Windows 7), when I tried one application, I got Run-time error '339' with the following message:

Component 'crystl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I searched the system and found the file (crystl32.ocx) at C:\Windows\SystemWOW64 (googled search indicated that this is called emulation on 64-bit systems for 32-bit apps), even though I made the file's destination as [SystemFolder] in IS2010 IDE and registered the component by setting 'COM Extract at Build' to 'Yes'.

If I simply launch a commandline with 'as administrator' and register the component from C:\Windows\SystemWOW64, the error is gone and my application works fine.

So my question is what should be the solution to my issue? Should I add an 'extra' registration step (CA) during the installation (should be after file copying CA), or I should do it during design time (IS2010 IDE), if so, what's it?

Thanks,
PB
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pbsdis
Level 6

If I want to use a merge module or IS Object to install 'crystl32.ocx', what MM or Object should I h ave in my ISProject? How do I register it on both 32 or 64 bit systems?

Thanks,
pb
0 Kudos
pbsdis
Level 6

Hi,

I am working with a legacy project on IS2010 (Basic MSI). The old project needs the following three files:

msjter35.dll
msjint35.dll
msjet35.dll
(needs registration).

I tried to add one merge module or object that handle the 3 files, but I can't find any.

Can anybody point me what MSM/Object is it? If necessary, where can I download it?

Thanks,
PB
0 Kudos
un-obtainium
Level 3

Did you ever find the solution?
0 Kudos