cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexFr
Level 3

32 bit installation on x64 OS: redistributable is not installed

Using InstallShield 2012 Professional, I created 32 bit installation package (Basic MSI Project, Template Summary: Intel;1033). In Redistributables screen I selected "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)".
Installation on 32 bit OS runs as expected: VC++ Redistributable is installed, and then my own product is installed. When I install this package on Win7 64 bit, VC++ redistributable is not installed automatically. Package contains this redistributable: ISSetupPrerequisites\{8034C99E-3BC0-4E53-BC6E-02E3D8CF5378}\vcredist_x86.exe, but only my project is installed.
Installing 32 bit package on 64 bit OS is absolutely valid operation, why redistributable is not installed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
eseilram
Level 5

I had the same problem, the conditions are wrong.
If you have difficulties to adapt the conditions I can help you out.

Regards,
eseilram
0 Kudos
AlexFr
Level 3

What conditions, can you give more details? Thanks.
BTW, I managed to get it working by replacing .exe redistributable with merge modules. But I still want to know how to get .exe redistributable working correctly.
0 Kudos
tw0001
Level 4

We had to modify the conditions using the prerequisite editor (by simply removing them). Note this problem has existed in 4 successive versions of InstallShield in every one of the 2005, 2008, and 2010 32 bit installers. The problem exists because of a false assumption made by InstallShield programmers that 32 bit vcredist should only be installed on 32 bit OS.
0 Kudos