cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilsongrant
Level 2

20661 - serial numbers not working

New product, same old problem. I don't think I've ever managed to get this installed on any system without at least 2 days of communication to get it to register.
VS2015 now, have tried THREE different registrations,

and all of them give me the same loop back, error
"Serial Number Not Registered", despite the emails from Flexera saying it is.

Every link online to do a manual activation either goes to a broken page or to a cyclical reference.
Does anyone have any idea how to get this damn thing functional?
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
wilsongrant
Level 2

Nevermind! VS2015 finally has the deployment project in again, never have to use this piece of **** again 😄
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

There was a outtage with the license server which is currently resolved, you should be able to activate at this time. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks
0 Kudos
junk
Level 2

Same thing has happened to me. I've tried to register twice now and the codes all return Error 20661.

From looking at this and other posts it looks like the registration server goes down often. This is pretty frustrating and unprofessional to have a production server that frequently goes down.
0 Kudos
tom123456789101
Level 2

Same issue.

I now apparently have 2 separate license keys, as I thought there was a registration problem.
0 Kudos
herb_kuta
Level 2

I am also experiencing the same problem: I've registered twice and I get the 20661 error regardless of which serial number I input. Also, the registration URL in the help for this error code (http://www.installshield.com/register) does not respond (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).

~=Herb=~
0 Kudos