cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maheshbg
Level 3

2010 Standalone build error "Class not registered"

Hi experts,

We are in the process of upgrading IS from 10.5 professional to 12. When building one of the 10.5 projects using Standalone build, I am receiving "Class not registered" error. Build using Installshield 2010 editor works fine.

===== build output =========
ISDEV : fatal error 0:
Class not registered

ISDEV : fatal error -6199: Internal build error
Unspecified error
====================

I copied all the MSM files to Standalone build Objects folder, but still no luck.

Thanks for looking, any pointers on where to look further will be helpful.

- Mahesh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Please see the following help topics on installing the Standalone Build. They will give you instructions on how to ensure that all necessary files are installed and registered on your system.

• Installing the Standalone Build on a Build Machine (http://helpnet.acresso.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield16helplib/StandAloneBuild_Installing.htm)
• Adding Redistributables to the Build Machine for the Standalone Build (http://helpnet.acresso.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield16helplib/StandAloneBuild_Redists.htm)
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Maheshbg
Level 3

Thanks for your reply, Sheryl.

Followed all the steps but still could not get the build working.

One of my other project has been building fine, but I have been having issues only with this one.
Also, currently the standalone build and IS2010 are on the installed the same system, which will change though when I get the build to work.

Am currently reinstalling both 2010 and 2010 standalone to begin with clean slate. Will update the post if I am successful in building after the installation.

-Mahesh
0 Kudos
Maheshbg
Level 3

Reinstalling both 2010 and 2010 Standalone didn't work either.

Any more pointers and suggested would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mahesh
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Maheshbg wrote:

I copied all the MSM files to Standalone build Objects folder, but still no luck.

- Mahesh

You mentioned that you tried copying MSM files over to the Standalone folder. Have you included any particular InstallScript or MSI objects in the project that you are having problems with? If so, you may want to make sure that you installed the proper object installation as outlined in the "Adding Redistributables to the Build Machine for the Standalone Build" help topic. If you don't have any objects included, is there something else included in this project that is not included in the working one (such as a SQL script or COM DLLs or anything of the sort)? Compare the two and see what is different.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
cbragg
Level 7

If you are using the latest standalone build engine then your code should be using the ISWiAuto16 class. The class name tends to annoyingly get changed with each version. I guess you have some copied code with the wrong class name or with the class name of the Installshield api and not the standalone build engine api.

If you are intending to use the latest standalone build then please check that it is because if you are the same person that posted up looking for how to download it and was sent a link from Acresso you may have been supplied an older version. The reason i say this is that it usually gets downloaded through the check for updates. They do this to ensure you are a valid customer of the standalone build engine.

Please note that if you are using the latest version you will also need the latest installshield because the project files need to be compatible between them

Also you said you had to copy over some files. The standalone build engine comes with its own installer which registers some files so i'd suggest you go back to Acresso to get the correct thing.

p.s. i've actually set up an automated build server with TFS build using this api so if you need any further help i'm happy to provide it
0 Kudos
Maheshbg
Level 3

Thanks Sheryl for your replies, it helped me realize it was nothing to do with the project but with the setup.

For the benefit of other users. I was able to resolve the issue by completely reinstalling my setup.

Correction to my original problem description is that I was unable to build none of the Installshield projects through command line. The projects were basic MSI projects without any Installscript involved.

The problem I presume was because I had installed and uninstalled Installshield 10.5, Installshield 2008 and Installshiedl 2010 on the same system several times and I suppose something got screwed up with one of the dll registration and build was failing.

Build started working as soon as cleaned up the whole system and reinstalled Installshield SP1 and Instalshield SP1 standalone build.

-Mahesh
0 Kudos
joewithz
Level 3

Where did you get the InstallShield Standalone SP1? I couldn't find that anywhere. On our build server, I only installed the 2010 standalone build version. I have been trying to find a upgrade to the SP1 and couldn't find the package anywhere.

Thanks,

Joe
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You can obtain the updated Standalone Build if you do a check for updates from within InstallShield. You can find that on the Tools menu.
There is an update that contains a link to the page that has the Standalone Build SP1 and also includes other Premier edition downloads.
0 Kudos
MikeBuffington
Level 2

Are there any reasons for the -6199 error other than the Standalone Build installer? I have used the installer. Even uninstalled it and installed it again. I am using 2010 SP1. I can build my ISM project with ISCmdBld on my development machine which has both the full 2010 installed as well as Standalone Build. The same ISM project fails on my build machine which only has Standalone Build installed on it with the -6199 error.
0 Kudos