cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pilgrim

1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start sys

Hi,
i am working on install shield 2015 Basic Msi project, in my Install shield project i am using windows service it will start and stop while installing and uninstalling an application, for this i have used User Name and Password and before starting service i am creating an User account (same as Windows service User Name and Password) using script (using Custom actions ) and i have configured and WindowsService.exe using service option. My setup.exe is working good in all operating systems except Windows XP 32 bit and Windows Server 2003 in this operating systems i am getting "1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services"
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional contributor

Re: 1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start sys

you had asked the same question before. I tried to help here. The error 1920 does not ALWAYS mean it is permissions related. Check it out.

https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?222574-1920-service-failed-to-start-Verify-that...

Chad
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Re: 1920 service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start sys

Thanks Chad, I resolved that issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Hi Krishnan,

Can you please tell the steps you followed to resolve this.I am also getting same issue.

I am not able to navigate to the link that mentioned above.

Regards,

Mallik.

0 Kudos