InstallAnywhere 2014 and Later Build Fails With Build Error Unknown Error Creating Mac OS X Web Installer When Trying To Bundle Java 6
SummaryThis article discusses how to handle a InstallAnywhere 2014 and later build failure with build error Unknown error creating Mac OS X Web installer when bundling Java 6.
SymptomsThe build process fails with the following build error:
<Platforms> <MacOSVM output="MacOSX" status="FAILURE">Unknown error creating Mac OS X Web installer.</MacOSVM> </Platforms>
CauseInstallAnywhere 2014 and later does not support using Java 6 to target OS X.
ResolutionOracle Java 7 or 8 must be used to target OS X with InstallAnywhere 2014 and later. For example, here are the requirements for targeting OS X with InstallAnywhere 2017:
- macOS Sierra (10.12) with Oracle Java 7 or 8
- OS X El Capitan (10.11) with Oracle Java 7 or 8
- OS X Yosemite (10.10) with Oracle Java 7 or 8
- OS X Mavericks (10.9.2) with Oracle Java 7 or 8
- OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) with Oracle Java 7 or 8
- OS X Lion (10.7.3) with Oracle Java 7