cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfirtion
Level 3

vm.tar.Z: No such file or directory

I'm attempting to bundle the jre with my linux installation. However, when I run on the linux box, I get the error:

Extracting the JRE from the installer archive....
cksum: /tmp/instll.dir.3980/UNIX_with_VM/resource/vm.tar.Z: No such file or directory.

I put the jre-xxx-rpm.bin file for the VM in the $INSTALLER_TEMP_DIR$, but that didn't help. Do I need to put the file in a particular place?

Thanks,
Renee
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Normally, you would need a .vm file (you can download it from here: http://www.acresso.com/downloads/downloads_7150.htm) in the resource/installer_vms subfolder of your IA installation, and then you select it in the Build section of your Advanced Designer, once that you have open your project.
0 Kudos
rfirtion
Level 3

Hi Vlad,

I had done all that already. I have the .vm files in the c:\program files\....\resource directory and selected the VM version in the Build screen.

When I do a build for Windows "with VM", it seems to work fine, it is just the Linux with VM build that is causing problems.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

On what Linux distribution did you attempt installation?
0 Kudos
rfirtion
Level 3

I had to set the IATEMPDIR to $HOME.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I see: either it didn't manage to set it by itself... or you didn't have enough disk space available on the default tmp locations (it should have tried /tmp first, then the user home dir).
0 Kudos