cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosrednayduj
Level 7

using .ico file in shortcuts

Thought other people might be interested in this bug that happened to me -- if you use a .ico file rather than a .gif file for the shortcut icon (useful for windows 8 where 48x48 icons are shown on the desktop and start "menu", and using the 32x32 version gives jaggies), then if your build machine has a different path to the build than the development machine, you'll get errors because the absolute pathname is saved in the .iap_xml file. I reported this bug and they gave me work order IOJ-1561250 (preexisting, someone else reported it). Workaround is to edit the .iap_xml file! Ick. Or to change the path on the development machine and re-import the icon, which is what I actually did.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
bob_feng
Level 2

nosrednayduj wrote:
Thought other people might be interested in this bug that happened to me -- if you use a .ico file rather than a .gif file for the shortcut icon (useful for windows 8 where 48x48 icons are shown on the desktop and start "menu", and using the 32x32 version gives jaggies), then if your build machine has a different path to the build than the development machine, you'll get errors because the absolute pathname is saved in the .iap_xml file. I reported this bug and they gave me work order IOJ-1561250 (preexisting, someone else reported it). Workaround is to edit the .iap_xml file! Ick. Or to change the path on the development machine and re-import the icon, which is what I actually did.

Hi,
Could you tell me the details for "change the path on the development machine and re-import the icon"?
another question, I edited the .iap_xml, but when I open .iap_xml with IA2014, the path of icon is changed back to the absolute pathname.

Thanks a million.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

What I mean is that I modified the development machine so that the path to the .iap_xml file was exactly as it is in the build machine. e:\foo\bar\ianywhere\my_product\my_product.iap_xml. Previously the development machine's path was maybe c:\mumble\blatz\ianywhere\my_product\my_product.iap_xml. But I changed it. Fortunately I had an E drive available on both machines.
0 Kudos