Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phanikumarg
Level 4

silent install and uninstall issue

hi all, can you please help me on below issues

1. can we remove specific feature using Change_productname_install.exe

im trying following command , it is uninstalling entire product instead of particular feature,, is it correct command to remove feature.or is there any other way.pls suggest me correct command.

C:\Program Files (x86)\company\productname\_Productname_installation>Change_productname_install.exe -i silent -DCHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURES_LIST=Featurename

2.If user passes wrong value in silent install/uninstall command, I can parse it and log error message in log file, but , can IA displays corresponding error message on same command prompt itself , is it possible, so that user can understand that he passed wrong value.please suggest me

thanks in advance
phanikumar
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

1. Documentation refer to CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST (without 'S')

extract:
A similar set of variables exists ($CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST$, $CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_NUM$, $CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_n$, and $FEATURE_UNINSTALL_LIST$). However, the CHOSEN_FEATURE set of variables can be consistently used by the installer author at install and uninstall by specifying features’ short names, which are not localizable and thus serve as consistent IDs no matter the locale in which the installer or uninstaller is running.

2. This is silent mode and so installer remains silent. Use console mode instead.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
phanikumarg
Level 4

There are some limitations in IA regarding feature uninstall in silent mode, as per Flexera knowledge base, Maintenance Mode is not supported in silent mode. If you run the Maintenance Mode launcher in Silent mode, the launcher will uninstall the product.

refer below link

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Do...1UserGuide.pdf
0 Kudos