cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunder
Level 5

select "Requires an Administrator N..." check box install packages can't start up.

My project required running on MacOSX 10.5 with admin permission, so I select "Requires an Administrator Name and Password to install" check box, after that, the install package can't start up, I tried to start installer in terminal,
[FONT="Courier New"]
[SIZE="1"]cd install.app/Contents/MacOS
$ ls -atrl
-rwxr-xr-x 1 thu staff 327 May 13 15:05 install
-rwxr-xr-x 1 thu staff 39412 May 13 15:05 My_Product_PRE_10_4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 thu staff 79828 May 13 15:05 My_Product
drwxr-xr-x 6 thu staff 204 May 13 15:17 ..
drwxr-xr-x 5 thu staff 170 May 13 15:17 .

$ ./install
-bash: ./install: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Why I get this error? how can I avoid this issue.

Thanks,
Thunder
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

From the error I would say the following: most likely your setup was generated on Windows and then it was transferred to Mac OS X via FTP and as the setup starts with a text script, the FTP was mislead into believing that the file was text when it should have been transferred as binary. Retransfer the file as binary or .zip it in order to force the binary transfer and you should be ok.
0 Kudos
thunder
Level 5

:confused: I create install on Windows, the output of my project is a zip file I'm using share folder(SMB://) copy the zip package to Mac machine, and unzip it.
0 Kudos
ivenkata
Level 6

When you transfer the file from your Windows to your MAC OS you should pass the "bin" at the command prompt before you transfer the file from Windows to Mac OS through Terminal.

Though the file is a ZIP file. Non-Windows always take it as Binary and so you should transfer the file in the Binary mode, also make sure that you give the "CHMOD 777 install.zip" after the transfer.

This should make your installer work as expected.

Thanks
Indraneel
0 Kudos
thunder
Level 5

Thanks, I will try this out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same "^M" problem on Mac which also appears in Uninstall files.

My Install files are generated on a PC. I think InstallAnywhere generates corrupted MacOs script files (to check i did an install using a burned DVD installer and it had the same corrupted script files).

thunder, do you find a solution finaly ?

Thx in advance.
guillaume06
0 Kudos
Not applicable

IA2009 SP1 solve this issue.

guillaume06
0 Kudos