cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

say if i choose the user install folder as

hi,
i have a requirement in which i need to start mysql.msi and eclipse.exe in the post installation .
When i call them using the scripts as:
call $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse.exe
and call $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$mysql-server.msi

But when the user chooses say C:\Program Files\Something the scripts dont work as there is space in the user install folder after Program,How shall i overcome this problem.
Any way to overcome this issue is awaited
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Quote (") the names.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi ,
say when the user chooses D:\New Folder\Place ,when i call the scripts using the $USER_INSTALL_FOLDER$ , i get a message which says
Windows is unable to find D:\New when i complete running the installer
How shall i remove the spaces in the $USER_INSTALL_FOLDER$ so as to call the .exe 's and .msi 's correctly.
Where am i supposed to put the quotes.

Do you mean to say that
i should call the scripts like this:
call "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse.exe"
call "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$mysql-server.msi"

Will it work now or what do you want to say,please explain
regards,
james
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Did you try it out? It should work like this...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi
i am using this script

start "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse$\eclipse.exe -data $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$WorkSpace"
But it is not starting the eclipse ,can anyone tell me why

Right now the post install script for starting the eclipse in my workspace is:

start $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse$\$eclipse.exe -data $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$WorkSpace (i am starting eclipse with my workspace)
but if there is space in the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ say C:\Program Files\XXX it does not work,what command shall i give to start eclipse with my workspace even if the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ is C:\Program Files\XXX
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

james decosta wrote:
start "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse$\eclipse.exe -data $USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$WorkSpace"

Try:

start "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse$\$eclipse.exe" -data  "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$WorkSpace"

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi ,
yves it is not working like this it is showing an error , that is a windows error box which says :

Windows cannot find '-data'.Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

what shall i do in regards to this.
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

start /?
start "" "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$eclipse$\$eclipse.exe" -data "$USER_INSTALL_DIR$$\$WorkSpace"

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos