cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukedla
Level 2

"Check Platform" Rule on IA2008VP1

We are using IA 2008 VP1 to build installer of our product. On one of the actions, I have the "Check Platform" rule which should be executed only on Linux platform.

The action is executed correctly on RedHat Linux, Suse Linus 9, 10 but is not executing on SUSE Linux 11 SP1.

I read IA 2008 VP1 installer only supports SUSE 9, 10 only, I would like to confirm if this could be the reason why the Check Platform --> Linux did not recognize the SUSE 11.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK, in order to do that, IA relies on Java. So, what is the Java version you bundle or you use? Finally, it also might be interesting to see what the OS version property returned by SUSE 11, maybe they've changed it from Linux to something else (Linux + version?)
0 Kudos
ukedla
Level 2

Thanks Vlad, it was not an issue with the IA. The action was getting executed but there was someother issue with the permissions when executing the action.

Have you seen any issue with the IA hanging in the very initial stage when launching the Install window using the DISPLAY. On SUSE Linux 11 SP1, when I launch the Installer in the GUI mode the installer hangs. I have the DISPLAY env variable set correctly but the installer hangs just before launching the window.

Setting the LAX_DEBUG does'nt give any useful information as to what might the reason for the hang. Do you know if this is a the issue with the InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 on SUSE Linux 11 SP1

========= Display settings ===========================================
X display............................... remote
WARNING: The name of this host (hamsa) and the setting
of this shell's DISPLAY (10.xxx.xxx.xxx:1.0) variable do not match.
If this launcher is being displayed to a Microsoft Windows desktop
through X Windows the Java Virtual Machine might abort. Try running
this installer locally on the target system or through X Windows to
another UNIX host if the installer unexpectedly fails.
UI mode................................. gui

Launching installer...

========= VM Command Line ============================================
options:
CLASSPATH:/home/ukedla/install.dir.1150/InstallerData:/home/ukedla/install.dir.1
150/InstallerData/installer.zip:

========= Forking JAVA =============================================
IAResourceBundle: create resource bundle: en
< Hangs at this stage for ever >

Any input in identifying this issue would be very helpful.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, there's that warning in the beginning:
"WARNING: The name of this host (hamsa) and the setting
of this shell's DISPLAY (10.xxx.xxx.xxx:1.0) variable do not match.
If this launcher is being displayed to a Microsoft Windows desktop
through X Windows the Java Virtual Machine might abort. Try running
this installer locally on the target system or through X Windows to
another UNIX host if the installer unexpectedly fails."
Otherwise I'm not sure what SUSE Linux security features are (you know, similar to RedHat's SELinux. You may want to try 2 things:
1. Launch your installer like this: sh -x install.bin in order to see more information
2. Try to launch your installer in console mode, see if it works.
0 Kudos