cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bw2012
Level 4

$ not accepted as part of a password

Hi,

I have a problem using $ as part of a password during "get user input".

For example, when I enter Pa$$word123 as the password and immediately display the password, the InstallAnywhere displays Paword123, so it removes 2 $$ in the input.

Is there a way to let InstallAnywhere accept $ in the password?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
bw2012
Level 4

I did more testing. If there is 1 $ in the password, it worked, but if I have 2 $ together, it didn't work.

It seems to me that this is a bug in InstallAnywhere. It should definitely be fixed.

Let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

You should use "Do not substitute unknown variables" in your variable. It is detailed in SP3 release notes.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
bw2012
Level 4

Thank you so much for your response, Jerome.

I am using 2010 version and am wondering if that version has the functionality. If not, do I have to upgrade to 2011 version?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
bw2012
Level 4

Hi,

My case is that during "Get User Input", the password was entered as Pa$$word123, then I will use it in a text file.

Thanks Jerome for the hint. I tried to use "Modify Text File" with “Substitute InstallAnywhere variables in file” unchecked, but that seemed not doing the trick.

Is it too late to modify the variable in a text file after "Get User Input" since both $ was already removed.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
bw2012
Level 4

Hi,

As I mentioned in my own reply below, it seemed that it is too late to modify the variable in a text file after "Get User Input" since both $ was already removed during "Get User Input" time.

So it seems to me that my only option is to go with 2011 version.

Jerome, can you help confirm this before I escalate this issue?

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

0 Kudos
bw2012
Level 4

Thanks, Jerome.

I downloaded 2011 version yesterday and did some testing through a simple project. It worked. 🙂

I am escalating the issue and hopefully I can get the upgrade.

BTW, I am so surprised that the issue wasn't fixed until 2011 version. It's hard to believe nobody else had the same issue long before.

Thanks again for your help.
0 Kudos