cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pilgrim

log file creation problems

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the log file creation.

Question 1.

If i cancel the installation in the middle, then the log file is generating on the desktop by default. con't i change the this default location?.

if yes, please suggest me.

Question 2.

Un-installation of the product created using IA is not generating un-installation log by default.Is there any possibility of generating un-installation log by default(with out using custom actions).

Thanks,
Vijji123
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Re: log file creation problems

Hi,

U can change the location of log file just go in Media/Release/PROJECT_ASSISTANT then got comments in that /l* pathname.

For log file in uninstallation just go to shortcuts where u have uninstallation option of ur application do the same thing after the Product Code.

Hope this resolve ur Problem
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Hi Azad,

I was unable to find the options what you are saying in the Install Anywhere UI.
Could you please let me know the details in little bit more clear.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Any Help....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

1. I don't think it is possible to change the default location of the log file when the installation is canceled.
2. As uninstallation is not supposed to leave any file behind, there is no uninstall log and I don't think that there is a way to have one, unless you create one using custom code.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Hi ,

We can set the default path for log file creation using

$INSTALL_LOG_DESTINATION$ of Standard InstallAnywhere Variable.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

And does it work when you cancel the installation too?!?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

Yes, It is working. The only required thing we need to set this variable as a first step in pre-installation.

Thanks
0 Kudos