cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijji123
Level 6

log file creation problems

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the log file creation.

Question 1.

If i cancel the installation in the middle, then the log file is generating on the desktop by default. con't i change the this default location?.

if yes, please suggest me.

Question 2.

Un-installation of the product created using IA is not generating un-installation log by default.Is there any possibility of generating un-installation log by default(with out using custom actions).

Thanks,
Vijji123
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
azad_khan
Level 4

Hi,

U can change the location of log file just go in Media/Release/PROJECT_ASSISTANT then got comments in that /l* pathname.

For log file in uninstallation just go to shortcuts where u have uninstallation option of ur application do the same thing after the Product Code.

Hope this resolve ur Problem
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi Azad,

I was unable to find the options what you are saying in the Install Anywhere UI.
Could you please let me know the details in little bit more clear.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Any Help....
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

1. I don't think it is possible to change the default location of the log file when the installation is canceled.
2. As uninstallation is not supposed to leave any file behind, there is no uninstall log and I don't think that there is a way to have one, unless you create one using custom code.
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi ,

We can set the default path for log file creation using

$INSTALL_LOG_DESTINATION$ of Standard InstallAnywhere Variable.

Thanks
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

And does it work when you cancel the installation too?!?
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Yes, It is working. The only required thing we need to set this variable as a first step in pre-installation.

Thanks
0 Kudos