cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjamin_jaton
Level 3

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.

When creating our installer with IA2015 we get:

[CODE][echo] Creating task using jar : D:\build-tools\InstallAnywhere2015\resource\build\iaant.jar
[buildinstaller] Using Properties set in iabuild.xml
[buildinstaller] Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
[buildinstaller]
[buildinstaller] Stack Trace:
[buildinstaller] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding.
[buildinstaller] at java.util.Properties.loadConvert(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at java.util.Properties.load0(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at java.util.Properties.load(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at com.zerog.common.java.util.PropertiesUtil.loadProperties(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at InstallAnywhere.ag(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at InstallAnywhere.main(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
[buildinstaller] at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source) [/CODE]

I couldn't find a iabuild.xml so I don't know what properties file is the problem.

This is the output of the ant task that build the installer.
Note that this project has been generated with an earlier version of IA.
We tried to open the project with the visual editor and re-save it but we got the same error.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
benjamin_jaton
Level 3

The properties file is iabuild.xml.


the \u here causes the issue.

This happens when you have a folder that begins with a 'u' in the path of the buildinstaller task:

-> produces the error

-> works

In my case the 'u' was in the basedir itself so I'll have to relocate it.
0 Kudos