cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik_008
Level 7

installerA won't work if you run it after the installerB

I have a one installer like installerA it will extracts the tomcat folder and istalls the services node1 and node2

Another installer like installerB it will extracts the zip folder and installs the service of installerB.

if we run first installerA and then InstallerB node1,node2 and installerB service can able to install but

if we install installerB and InstallerA installerB service can able to install and node1 and node2 services could not able to install could anybody help to resolve this problem.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(14) Replies
srik_008
Level 7

could anybody help me to work on this issue.Please help me.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

It is impossible to answer your question with such information.

I would suggest you add some debug traces in your installerA to check what went wrong...

Then provide traces, or post your project here....

--Jerome
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

hi i have attached installation log files for Installer A and Installer B..............Please look into the log files and provide me solution

Scenario1:
------------
1.Installer A installed first
2.Installer B installed next
3.installation completed ran just fine, node1,node2 services are installed successfully
3.refer the Installer A-success log file

Scenario2:
------------
1.Installer B installed first
2.Installer A installed next
3.installation completed ran just fine, did not report any errors but did NOT install the node 1 and node 2 services
4.refer the Installer A-failure log file
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

Hi could any body help me to work on this issue with attached log information
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

It is really difficult to tell, but in the InstallerA-failure, the following action seems missing:

Execute ANT Script: Script: build.xml

Plus many install file actions in "C:\ProgramData\Company\node2" are not created.

So you may have some conflicts. Maybe you have a rule if the install directory already exists in InstallerA... As installerB would have created this directory already.

Install Directory: C:\ProgramData\Company\
Additional Notes: NOTE - Directory already existed

Cannot help more ....

--Jerome
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

OK thank you,is there any chance to provide log proper error message if any folder is not created or windows service is not created in this case i am not getting any error message but did not install the node 1 and node 2 services and not creating node1 and node2 folders
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Not directly AFAIK, but you can test if Installation folder already exists before creating it then raise yourself an error. The same applies to service, create it and then double check if it is really created and raise another error in case it is not.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

Hi i think it seems in 2nd scenario installing like a upgrade installation.but we are doing fresh install.with this information is anybody help to work on this issue
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Hi,

Since the node1 and node2 services are not getting installed, the information is not going to the log. It looks like the actions are not getting executed at all.

Can you give us some more information to help you debug? Like-
Do you check any rule before you install these services?
If yes, what is the rule?
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

i am just checking with the rule check platform only.this type installation will happens when we select upgrade action.but here we doing fresh install only but it installing like upgrade install
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

we have 2 parts application part and configuration part .when we select first install the application part and configuration part both will execute,when we select upgrade it executes only application part the configuration part will not execute.

here is the problem after installation of installer B the fresh install working as upgrade install
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Are these installers A and B created out of the same project, with probably multiple configuration?

It would be great if you can share your project file.
0 Kudos
srik_008
Level 7

I have found the solution for this.

InstallerA component id and InstallerB component ids are same. Because of this reason InstalerA could not able to Install InstallerA configuration files after InstallerB installation .I have generated new component id for InstallerB and then InstallerA can able to install configuration files after InstallerB installation.

but here we are facing another problem to install these installers we are using VM machines .in some of vm machines i can able install perfectly but in some of vm machines causing problem again.

Could anybody tell what could be the problem in vm machines or it would be a installer problem.

Please help me
0 Kudos
RamyaVenkatesh
Level 7

Please give us more details on the problem. What do the logs say? Which vm are you trying to install this on?
0 Kudos