cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

i18n problem: different files inside license panel

I have two languages to support and I have two license files.
But the license file for "en" doesn't work. The panels shows always "No file selected" inside the installer.

These are the settings inside the custom_de (de-language is default):

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourceName=license.html
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourceName=license.html

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourcePath=/usr/local/inubit/ibisbuild/ibis-head/javadev/build/installer/licenses/
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourcePath=/usr/local/inubit/ibisbuild/ibis-head/javadev/build/installer/licenses/

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.stepPrompt=Für die Installation und die Verwendung der $PRODUCT_NAME$ müssen Sie den folgenden Lizenzvertrag akzeptieren:
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.stepPrompt=Für die Installation und die Verwendung der $PRODUCT_NAME$ müssen Sie den folgenden Lizenzvertrag akzeptieren:

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.title=Lizenzvertrag
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.title=Lizenzvertrag

and these are custom_en:

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourceName=license.html
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourceName=license_en.html

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourcePath=/usr/local/inubit/ibisbuild/ibis-head/javadev/build/installer/licenses/
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.resourcePath=/usr/local/inubit/ibisbuild/ibis-head/javadev/build/installer/licenses/

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.stepPrompt=Für die Installation und die Verwendung der $PRODUCT_NAME$ müssen Sie den folgenden Lizenzvertrag akzeptieren:
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.stepPrompt=Installation and Use of $PRODUCT_NAME$ Requires Acceptance of the Following License Agreement:

# LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.title=Lizenzvertrag
LicenseAgrAction.3e82c046b866.title=License Agreement

As you can see, only the filename is different.

Any ideas how to make sure, that a different file for a different language will be included into the build?

thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a sanity check, are the localized license files included in the Install task (possibly with do-not-install as the dummy destination)?
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

The files are included, but as SpeedDirectory.
But thats not the problem, I think IA2008 should during the build process of the installer step through the custom_* files and append possible configured ressourcen to the resources required for the wizard.

Finally it works for the default-language (the resource of license.html seems to be available for the wizard)... but not for the others...
0 Kudos
NigelT
Level 3

Did you get anywhere with this? I'm hitting the same problem.

Thanks,
Nigel.
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Not really, I just ATM used a second Panel, what I show when the choosen language was english (using condition).

The support told me, that its nessesary that the files are added inside file tree as special do-not-install files.

I'll investigate this at later time, atm our current release is more important than this. And I have the workaround with a second panel...
0 Kudos
NigelT
Level 3

Thanks. I tried installing the files to $DO_NOT_INSTALL$ but InstallAnywhere seems unable to locate them.
0 Kudos
NigelT
Level 3

It seems you have to use the Extract to File plug-in to extract the "Do not Install" files to a known location on the target system which can then be used as an existign file path in other actions or panels. You have to use the build time source directory as the directory path to the source file for the "Extract to File" plugin and you have to get the case of the file (although not the directory - it seems mysteriously to be lower-cased in the execute zip file) exactly right for the plugin to work. You have to set up source paths to make this in any way managable and you have to have strict control of the case of any files used in this way (lower-case the filenames before building the installer).
0 Kudos